This Policy is effective as of December 8th, 2021 We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time in accordance with applicable laws – please check our Website for updates to this Policy.
Note to Residents of the European Union: In order to comply with the requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for European users, this Policy outlines the legal basis on which we process your personal data (also referred to as personal information herein) and provides other information required by the GDPR. We process personal data when we have a lawful basis to do so in accordance with the GDPR. Generally, this means that we process personal data only where we have consent, where necessary to provide you with information, products, or services, or where necessary to comply with our legal obligations. We may also process personal data where otherwise allowed by the GDPR for the purposes outlined in this Policy (for example, to communicate with you and to respond to your requests). Please see below for further information.
What User Information We Collect
When you visit the Website, we may collect the following information:
- Your IP address.
- Your contact information and email address.
- Other information such as interests and preferences.
- Data profile regarding your online behavior on our Website.
- Other information individuals choose to provide.
We only collect personal information about an individual with the individual's knowledge and consent. Generally, this means that we collect personal information directly from the individual to whom it relates, whether via our Website, e-mail, telephone, or in person. Occasionally, we may collect personal information from third party sources, but only with the knowledge and consent of the individual or where otherwise authorized by law.
Why We Collect Your Information
We are collecting your information for the following purposes:
- To better understand your needs.
- To provide individuals with requested information, products, and/or services.
- To improve our services and products.
- To send you promotional emails containing the information we think you will find interesting.
- To contact you to fill out surveys and participate in other types of market research.
- To customize our Website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
- To comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements or to protect our legal rights and property.
(collectively, the "Authorized Purposes")
We may collect personal information for other purposes where we have a legal duty or right to do so or where we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to protect the property or rights of Harvest. We do not collect personal information for any other purposes, unless we have the consent of the individual to whom it relates.
When Do We Collect Your Information?
We only use or disclose personal information as reasonably required to facilitate the Authorized Purposes listed above.
In some cases, we may share personal information with third party service providers performing functions on our behalf, including, for example, vendors that provide information technology services or provide analytics or assessment services.
Please note that we use Google Analytics. There is more information about how Google collects, uses, and processes data at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Safeguarding and Securing the Data
We are committed to securing your information and keeping it confidential. We have done all in our power to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure by implementing the latest technologies and software, which help us safeguard all the information we collect online. We have in place reasonable policies, procedures and safeguards (including physical, technological and organizational measures) designed to protect the security of personal information under our control.
The protection of personal information is of paramount concern to us, and we are prepared to take appropriate and timely steps in the event of any incidents involving personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws. We retain personal information only as long as is reasonable to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, or for legal or business purposes.
Please note that cookies don't allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you.
If you want to disable cookies, you can do it by accessing the settings of your internet browser.
Links to Other Websites
Restricting the Collection of your Personal Data
At some point, you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal information. You can achieve this by doing the following:
- When you are filling the forms on the Website, make sure to check if there is a box which you can leave unchecked, if you don't want to disclose your personal information.
- If you have already agreed to share your information with us, feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com and we will be more than happy to change this for you.
We will not lease, sell or distribute your personal information to any third parties, unless we have your permission. We might do so if the law forces us or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of the information is necessary to protect the rights of property of Harvest.
Your personal information will be used when we need to send you promotional materials. Harvest and its affiliates may use personal information to inform individuals of current and/or new products or services or other developments that we or our affiliates or partners believe will be of interest to individuals in accordance with applicable laws including Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL). Such communications may be made by way of telephone, text message, direct messaging, e-mail, fax or regular mail. Individuals provide their consent to us and our affiliates and partners contacting them in this manner when they use our products or services. Individuals may opt-out of receiving such communications by contacting us at the address below.
Individuals provide their consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information by us when they provide their information to us or use our products or services.
Individuals can deny or withdraw their consent to our collection, use and disclosure of their personal information at any time upon reasonable notice, subject to any legal or contractual requirements. However, if consent is denied or withdrawn, we may not be able to provide certain products or services.
Access to Personal Information
We will provide individuals with access to the personal information we hold about them in accordance with applicable laws. We reserve the right to require that any request for access to personal information be made in writing. Generally, there is no cost for such access. However, we reserve the right to charge such costs on a case by case basis in accordance with applicable laws. The individual will be notified in advance if charges apply. We will correct or amend the personal information in our files where it can be shown that the information is incorrect or incomplete.
Storage and Processing
We will store personal information on our internal servers and/or with our services providers.
Our service providers may store and/or process personal information outside of Canada (including in the United States of America). When information is stored or processed outside of Canada, it may be subject to the laws of and be accessible by legal authorities in such other jurisdictions. We have taken appropriate technical, organizational, and legal steps to secure this information.
The GDPR sets out obligations and rights with respect to the personal data of residents of the European Union. Harvest is committed to ensuring that it complies with the requirements of the GDPR. As such, this section outlines additional information relevant to residents of the European Union only. Please see the remainder of the Policy for more information on our privacy practices.
Subject to some exceptions, the GDPR provides you with the following rights:
- Right of access: You have the right to information about whether and why we process your personal data and related information (for example, what personal data we are processing).
- Right of rectification: You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data that we hold about you.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete personal data that we hold about you.
- Right to restrict or object to processing: You have the right to ask us to limit or stop our processing of your personal data in certain cases (for example, if the personal data we are processing about you is inaccurate or is for direct marketing purposes).
- Right to data portability: You have the right to ask us for a copy of personal data we hold about you and to transfer such data to another entity.
- Right to complain: We encourage you to contact us at the contact information below if you have any questions or concerns with our personal data practices. However, you also have the right to complain to regulatory authorities in your jurisdiction. Please contact us at the contact information below if you need information about the appropriate authority.
You may exercise these rights or find out more about these rights by contacting us at the contact information listed below.
Harvest is based in Canada and processes personal data in Canada. The European Commission recognizes Canada as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data. Harvest’s service providers may process your personal information outside of Canada (such as in the United States of America). When your information is processed outside of the European Union, it may be subject to the laws of and be accessible by legal authorities in such other jurisdictions. We have taken appropriate technical, organizational, and legal steps to secure this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below: #110 632 Confluence Way SE, Calgary, AB, T2G 0G1, Canada