Here’s how to tell your story to investors
Pitching investors is one of the things entrepreneurs hate the most about starting a company. Confusing and often dispiriting, especially for first time founders, crafting your pitch should be one of the most enjoyable parts of the journey to success.
That’s because the most important thing about pitching is quite simple: tell a great story. Your story is your strength. Use is to your advantage.
While no one company can be reduced to a simple template, our Seed pitch deck template gives founders the opportunity to tell their story with the following key elements:
- The Why. Why are you starting this business? What is unique you are addressing?
- The Shared Opportunity/Problem. Why do other people share your why?
- Market Opportunity. How big is the market? What is the Total Addressable Market (TAM) and Service Addressable Market (SAM) for your product?
- Product. How does your product work?
- Traction. How many people are adopting your product?
- Growth. How is your business growing
- The Ask. What are you asking investors for and how does it get you to your next steps?