Understand the competition and how to differentiate your brand
Whether you’re building an MVP or developing brand messaging, it’s important to complete a high-level analysis of your competition. A competitive audit can uncover trends in the ways competing brands do things, such as through their visual identity, messaging, marketing channels, and content.
The Competitive Analysis template will help position your brand and help you stand out from the crowd by understanding:
- Your competitors. Who’s in the space today and who will you be competing with tomorrow.
- Brand identity. What does your competition look like? What do they stand for?
- Target audience. Are you competing for the same slice of pie, or are there different markets to go after?
- Marketing channels. Who’s doing what and where? How can your brand stand out, or use new and untapped channels?
- Opportunities: Play to your strengths, and identify ways to differentiate your brand.